Sunday 22 May 2011

My SHM Routine

Hey everyone,
So for anybody who didn't know, SHM is an acronym for shower, hair, makeup which Blair(juicystar07) created. Cute, right? Okay so below is my SHM routine which is actually really a SHSMH (shower, hair, sleep, make-up, hair) routine. Confused? Sorry! Hopefully the rest will make sense. FYI I only wash my hair every other night, or even every three nights depending on how much product I've used. I'm going to talk- or type- you through a night and morning when I do wash my hair. Okay here goes:

8.00pm- Shower time! So I turn the shower on and while it's warming up I brush through my hair. This helps to release more of the oil and grease from your hair, so it feels even fresher when you get out of the shower. Then I get in the shower and wash my face with The Body Shop's Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash (or when I run out, a mixture of olive oil and sugar) while my hair gets wet. Next, I shampoo my hair with Herbal Essences Uplifting Volume Shampoo and rinse out right away. Then I squeeze the water out of my hair before smothering on Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner from my ears down. I let that work its magic while I wash my body with Soap and Glory's Body Wash and shave my legs with a Venus Embrace Razor. I either use olive oil or conditioner as a shaving cream, shh! Why bother buying an expensive one when they work just as good? Then, I take a brush with plastic bristles like this one (ones with hair bristles will break your hair) and brush through my hair from root to tip to coat my hair evenly in conditioner. Then wash it out straight away so you don't end up with greasy roots. Showers done!

8.30pm- So once I'm out of the shower, I wrap my hair up in a towel and apply either the first moisturiser I see or fake tan. My hair stays in the towel until 9.30-10pm, but I take it out of the towel and rewrap it every 15 minutes so it gets some air. (don't worry if you forget, it won't make much difference)

10pm- Now its time for my hair to come out of the towel. I brush through my damp hair and apply a little Paul Mitchel Hair Sculpting Lotion (a little bit of this goes a long way- we're going to be adding more in the morning anyway. Next I take my Remington Heated Rollers. Unfortunately, I don't think these are sold any more, I've had them for years. Any heated rag rollers will work. Or even normal rag rollers and you can blow dry your hair before bed, it will probably give you the same effect. Now, don't use all 16 rollers! The three biggest factors affecting your curls are: if heat is applied, if the hair is wet when the curl is formed, and how long the curl is left to form in the hair. Using this technique you are incorporating all those factors, so use less curlers than you think you should. My hair is about 20" and very thick, and I would say I use about 10-12 rollers and get the look I want. So just section off your hair and roll the rollers in. Leave out your fringe or the front section of your hair, we'll do that section with curlers/straighteners in the morning. Now sleep with the curlers in.

7am- Wake up, eat breakfast brush my teeth blah blah blah.

7.30am- Do my make-up. I use Bare Minerals Foundation in Fair, Benefit's High Beam(here's how to use it) Benefit's Hoola, Rimmel's Clear Complexion Powder, Rimmel's Volume Flash Waterproof Mascara and Rimmel's Sexy Curves Waterproof Mascara.

7.45am- Now, I take out the rollers from bottom to top, apply a bit more of my Paul Mitchell Sculpting Lotion using scrunching motions. Then I fix any curls that haven't curled properly and do the front pieces. To do the front I part it and take one side, hold it upright and place my straigtener at the root. Then I slightly curve the straightner and slide it half way up, before turning all the way around to curl the end. Make sure that while you do this, you pull the hair back away from your face. Now spray generously with any flexible hold hairspray(I change mine all the time) and your good to go!

8am- Get dressed and off to school I go:)

Hope you learnt something reading this, sorry it was so long!

Thanks for reading,
Daisy❋

1 comment:

  1. i'm more of a SMH person, i do my hair after dealing with making my face look... fine? hahha anyways wanted to show the support ;) and i love blair as well, i see! Will be checkin your blog out from time to time, seems nice. I have one myself, a bit different subject, but who knows maybe you're interested in baking if yes, it would be a pleasure to hear from you there, Daisy! It's
    www.cupcakes-baking.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Annie

    ReplyDelete